Friday, October 16, 2009

give me a C...give me a T....give me an R

Tonight I was overwhelmed with the responsibility I have as a Mother, a Daughter and a Wife to be better, to be more. CTR came to mind...and I couldn't get it out of my head....so it being 11:00 p.m. and not being able to sleep.... I snuck out of bed and made a CTR Poster for the kids. I went through my Church Clip Art I have collected and found picture that represent Choosing the Right!


We are going to Idaho in the morning...and I have been praying for the opportunity to have FHE all together and also talk about our Family Rules, and also to share my testimony with the kids. I have had plenty of opportunities and let them pass me by...BUT not anymore....whenever we are going to have all the kids...be it 10 minutes or 5 hours I am going to make sure to teach a principle.
SO...tomorrow it will be CTR. Each chart has 100 squares in which when the kids do something good, listen when asked the first time, share, hug, laugh, play, smile....they will get to put a CTR sticker in a square when they are caught "choosing the right." I haven't decided what will be the prize for completing the chart. I am thinking each child will earn a trip to the $1 store once they fill their personal chart and then when they ALL fill their sheets we'll ALL go to dinner, or a movie, or stay in a hotel. (something BIG for all of them completing it)
Anyways I think I can go to bed now that it is 12:38 AM I think the drive will be fun talking about the pictures I found and making our "Family Rules" (stay tuned for what they come up with...that will be my next chart!!!!)



4 comments:

  1. I love that you are always making charts... I feel like I am not as creative as the rest of my gorgeous sisters... *sigh, all the creative juices got used up by the time I came along! :D love you, so excited to see you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good mom AL! All of those kids are lucky to have you n their lives! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea...no surprises there!! It's good to strive to be better, but realize that you are amazing the way you are now, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Al-E-son do you know how very talented you are? Thanks for doing all you can to help your children. Keep on, keeping on!

    ReplyDelete